If Instagram is a part of your social media marketing strategy, then you’re likely aware of the basic features of having an Instagram Business or Creator account.
Benefits like post scheduling, special industry labels, and targeted ads support business accounts—but there’s so much more out there for you.
Taking advantage of all the free features Instagram has to offer is one of the best things you can do for your business. So, we’ve compiled this list of secret Instagram features you probably didn’t know about.
Instagram Shopping with Augmented Reality
Instagram Shopping has been around for a few years now, but its AR features are new.
Oh—and if you’re not already using Instagram Shops to promote your small business, you should be! Find out if you’re eligible here.
Since Instagram made it possible to purchase items directly through their platform in 2019, they’ve continued to make advances to push more users to shop through Instagram.
And one of the coolest Instagram features you might not know about is augmented reality filters. These filters allow shoppers to try on or test products virtually.
Now you can make custom AR filters to promote your business on Instagram. Learn how to create your first Spark AR filter with this step-by-step guide.
Quick Replies for Better Customer Service
Any business owner knows that there will be frequently asked questions that come up again and again… and again.
Well, this Instagram feature allows you to respond to your FAQs quickly and easily through Quick Replies.
The Quick Replies Instagram feature gives you a way to reply to direct messages and comments with pre-written scripts.
Here’s how to create a quick reply:
- Open the Quick Reply icon in Instagram (it looks like a chat bubble with three dots inside)
- Tap “New Quick Reply”
- Write out your unique response (don’t forget your brand voice!)
- Name your Quick Reply (something short and sweet is best)
- Tap and hold the comment you’d like to save as a Quick Reply
- Edit the response and shortcut
- Save your reply for later
Protect Your Brand with Branded Content Restrictions
If you’re a social media marketer or business owner, Instagram’s Branded Content tool is essential for you
Among the many benefits, one feature allows you to restrict or approve branded content partners. With the Branded Content tool on Instagram, you can ensure that no one will tarnish your image with unapproved or inappropriate content associated with your brand.
Here’s how to pre-approve creator partners:
- Navigate to Instagram settings
- Select “Business”
- Select “Branded Content”
- Ensure the “Require Approvals” button is toggled to “ON”
- Select “Approved Accounts:
- Search for and select your partners
Instagram Story Hyperlinking
Business owners are aware that there are limitations to many Instagram features which pose certain obstacles when it comes to promoting their brand. One of these issues is the inaccessibility of hyperlinks. Luckily, Instagram introduced the Story Link tool, where anyone can spice up an Instagram Story by adding a hyperlink.
Direct your viewers to your official website, hot products, Spotify, and more with this Instagram feature.
Clear Your Search History
You might be running a social media page for your own brand—or you might be a social media manager. We get it.
Either way, you might not want all the details of your search history available for the rest of the team to see.
So, it’s a good thing you can delete your search history with this handy Instagram feature.
Now no one needs to know that you were searching for cute corgis to help you refuel as you worked on the social media campaign for your business.
Organize Saved Posts
When you save posts on Instagram, they automatically collect in your “All Posts” folder—that is, unless you create collection folders within your saved posts.
Now, Instagram can be as organized as Pinterest. When you separate your saved posts into categories, you’ll see how helpful organization can be for productivity.
Never scroll through endless posts again. With this Instagram feature, you’ll know exactly where your resources are when you need them.
Pin Comments to the Top of Posts
Instagram wants users to “highlight positivity” through this feature—and we suggest you do just that. Pin comments from fans, customers, or clients who have positive things to say about your business.
You can pin up to three comments per post, and it’s incredibly easy. Now you can make the most out of those free customer testimonials.
Simply swipe left on the comment and tap on the pushpin icon. Done!
Create Ads from Existing Posts
If you’re serious about social media marketing, then you probably already know about boosting Instagram posts and creating Instagram Ads (both of which have their own unique benefits for boosting brand awareness).
Well, now you can create Instagram Ads from existing posts—so you can save time, money, and energy on production. It’s a win-win.
But Instagram Ads and Boosting posts aren’t the only way to gain more traction for your brand on social media.
Purchasing Instagram Likes, Follows, and Views
If you really want to see your Instagram account take off, you can use a third-party service to boost your Instagram growth. Here at Managergram, we offer an Instagram Growth Plan that is guaranteed to give you the results you desire.
With no-commitment plans that you can cancel at any time and a 30-day money-back guarantee, our plans are created to ensure your satisfaction with our service.
We work hard to boost your profile and provide quality customer service every step of the way.
If the complete Instagram Growth Plan isn’t right for you, you can also:
- Buy between 500-10,000 monthly Instagram followers
- Buy between 50-1,000 automatic Instagram likes on unlimited posts each day
- Buy between 500-10,000 automatic Instagram views
- Buy between 10-1,000 genuine Instagram comments
Final Thoughts: How to Get the Most Out of Instagram for Your Business
These nine hidden Instagram features for your business are sure to help you take your social media marketing strategy to the next level.
Here’s a wrap-up of the most important takeaways from this article:
- Create augmented reality filters through Instagram Shopping
- Use quick replies to improve customer service and save time doing it
- Protect your brand by creating restrictions and only approving affiliate creators and brand ambassadors
- Add hyperlinks to your Instagram Stories to direct viewers where you want them most
- Delete your search history on Instagram to save yourself from embarrassment
- Tidy up by organizing your saved posts in folders
- Pin positive testimonials and endorsements to the top of your posts
- Create Instagram ads from existing posts to save time when promoting your brand
- Purchase Instagram likes, follows, views, and more immediate results